Powered by Design
Golder’s civil engineers have national and international experience in the design and evaluation of projects ranging from bankable feasibility studies through final design and construction. Our engineers work closely with the mine design team, including mining engineers, material handling specialists, archeologists, wildlife biologists and other environmental specialists, to identify and develop the necessary infrastructure that enables and supports mining operations.
Making it Right
What are some of the infrastructure requirements we design?
- Mining facilities (shops, warehouse and administration facilities)
- Mining camps (access roads, water and sewage treatment facilities, housing and camp infrastructure)
- Water control/management planning, including hydrologic/hydraulic evaluation of drainage basins, floodplain studies
- Sedimentation treatment facilities and water control works including dams, diversions, ditches, levees, terrace systems and drop structures
- Detailed design of haulroads, stream and river crossings, ramps and access roads.
Expect Real Experience
Golder engineers have extensive project and construction management experience. Golder prepares bid packages, render construction drawings and specifications, and handle cost and schedule monitoring. Anything else? Yes, we offer project and construction oversight including quality control and reporting, verification of material quantities, field inspections, testing and engineering, contract and environmental compliance administration, and project closeouts.